Fancy Foods Show Participants Report Additional Orders
26 March 2012
SATH supported companies that attended the Fancy Food Show in Washington DC, in July 2011, recently reported orders and positive developments as a result of their participation:
- Walters Nougat, a South African-based nougat company, confirmed seven new accounts to which they shipped product "as a direct result of the trade show, one of which is a three store chain in DC". Walters Nougat also initiated talks with New York Whole Foods buyer as a direct result of the show.
- Chaloner cc, a producer of olive-based gourmet foods, sent its first consignment to the US East Coast. Chaloner's main products are olive preserves, tapenades, jams and marmalades as well as an exciting range of chili relishes.
- Grupo Pereira, a Namibian frozen fish company, entered into an agreement with Foundation for Development of Africa (FDA) to have them act as their importer for the US market.
- Willow Creek, a South African olive oil company, identified opportunities into the US airline market with their patented snap-and-squeeze packaging for salad dressing.
- Madécasse Chocolate, a US firm with production in Madagascar secured one customer from the Summer Fancy Food 2011 that has led to about US$30,000 in sales. Madecasse manufactures high end chocolate. It's one of the only chocolates made bean-to-bar in all of Africa.
- Afriplex, a South African firm in baobab products and product development, established joint venture partnerships involving two large multinationals and seven concrete business leads being handled by their US agent.
- Rozendal Vinegar, a Stellensbosch, Western Cape based vinegar company's Hibiscus Vinegar won the "Best Vinegar of 2011". The sofi™ Awards, formerly NASFT Product Awards and open to NASFT Members, honors the most outstanding specialty foods. Rozendal Vinegar (www.rozendalvinegar.co.za) now has an exclusive importer of its vinegars for the US market, and business is moving along nicely. Rozendal Vinegar comments, "This is a great show for us and the exposure has been amazing".